Affiliated Computer Services Inc. (ACS) will improve customer service and day-to-day fleet operations for the Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA) by designing, engineering and installing a state-of-the-art Intelligent Transportation System (ITS).
The system includes:
- wireless technology that allows constant communications between dispatchers and the bus, paratransit and trolley fleet to assess performance, optimize operations and improve service quality;
- incident management features to aid in reporting events such as security incidents, bus breakdowns or passenger illness;
- equipping the fleet with security cameras to provide real-time information streaming to first responders for more effective incident response;
- fully automated processes including on-board next-stop announcements, passenger counting, location determination, traffic signal prioritization and reporting operation-critical information to the central system; and
- transit information delivered to electronic signs at MATA’s transit center and along the trolley routes.
ACS is an integrator of products for fleet and workforce management, mobile data communications, data management and advance traveler information systems. ACS' Transportation Management Solutions group provides integrated computer-aided dispatch and automatic vehicle location solutions for 50 public transit and government agency customers in the U.S., Canada and around the world, with units installed or scheduled to be installed on approximately 28,000 vehicles.