Beginning May 7, a new forum will provide U.S. veterans, service members, their families, and community service providers the opportunity to share ideas and solutions that will help to ensure the nation's transportation networks work for everyone.
The forum, "Strengthening Transportation Choices So We Can Serve Those Who Have Served Their Country," is sponsored by the Federal Coordinating Council on Access and Mobility and the U.S. Department of Defense. The dialogue is managed and operated by Easter Seals Project ACTION through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Federal Transit Administration, using funds from the U.S. Department of Labor.
Anyone with a personal or professional stake in this issue is invited to register and participate, including:
• Veterans, service members and their families
• Military service organizations
• Transportation providers – public and private
• Human services networks providers
• Veterans service organizations
• State, cities, county, and other officials involved in veteran and service member outreach/services
• County Offices of Veterans Affairs
• Researchers in the veteran and service member support areas
• Federal partners involved in veterans and service member programs
• Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative grantees
• VA hospitals
• Employers employing veterans and service members
• Colleges and universities serving veterans and service members
• Anyone who has information that can help in these topic areas
Visit www.projectaction.org starting May 7 to register and add your voice to the conversation.