Accessibility

New Mass. senior transportation option fills service gap

Posted on September 30, 2013

BROOKLINE, Mass. — ITNGreaterBoston, a program started in 2012, may address a gap in transportation service experienced by seniors in the area who cannot access Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority’s paratransit program, Wicked Local Brookline reported.

The program specializes in door-to-door, 24/7 transportation for seniors and keeps costs down by covering 40% of the price of each ride. The other 60% comes from the users. ITN members pay $60 annually to participate in the program. For each ride, they pay $4 to start, and $1.50 every mile. For the full story, click here.

View comments or post a comment on this story. (0 Comments)

More News

Investigation finds issues with Miami-Dade paratransit contract

At various times, the county paid too much when prices should have decreased, missed deadlines to seek damages from its contractor for alleged substandard performance and failed to accurately calculate the most basic of contract functions — cost of living adjustments.

KCATA taking over neighboring city's transit services

The new contract, which begins July 1, enables city of Independence riders with disabilities who depend on paratransit services would only need to make one phone call to get transportation.

Fla. paratransit driver fired for driving drunk, injuring customer

The driver was spotted driving poorly, before slamming his brakes, causing a 90-year-old passenger to fall to the floor. According to the arrest report, the driver's blood alcohol content was more than three times the legal limit.

Website helps commuters tap multimodal options

CarFreeAtoZ plans trips in a manner similar to Google Maps or Mapquest, but it combines different transit options, such as walking, using the Metro and biking.

Tech. breakthroughs inspire personal mobility device design

Models coming on the market or in development can climb stairs, turn tight corners, make their way over trails, and are lighter and easier to maneuver than earlier generations.

See More News

Post a Comment

Post Comment

Comments (0)



More From The World's Largest Fleet Publisher

Automotive Fleet

The Car and truck fleet and leasing management magazine

Business Fleet

managing 10-50 company vehicles

Fleet Financials

Executive vehicle management

Government Fleet

managing public sector vehicles & equipment

TruckingInfo.com

THE COMMERCIAL TRUCK INDUSTRY’S MOST IN-DEPTH INFORMATION SOURCE

Work Truck Magazine

The resource for managers of class 1-7 truck Fleets

Schoolbus Fleet

Serving school transportation professionals in the U.S. and Canada

LCT Magazine

Global Resource For Limousine and Bus Transportation

Please sign in or register to .    Close