Overland Park, Kan.-based Reveal Management Services Inc. successfully implemented its Mobility Management Paratransit Software system to the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority
RIPTA is challenged with providing quality customer satisfaction with multiple ridership venues from ADA, Medicare, several workshops and Meal-sites, and the associated costs with its paratransit services throughout the state.
The legacy system was outdated and ineffective in meeting the goals of RIPTA's mobility management vision. Reveal's mobility management platform allows RIPTA to create more efficient routes, improve modal connectivity, improve on-time performance, increase productivity, decrease mileage per trip and substantially reduce the average cost per trip for their riders. This allows RIPTA to expand its paratransit services to more riders without increasing its operating budget.
The new system is already providing the following capabilities to RIPTA staff, ridership and the community, according to the company:
- Verified productivity of 1.82 rides per revenue hour, a 6% increase.
- Greater operational controls.
- 5% Decrease in average mile per trip length.
- 6% Decrease in overall driver paid hours while increasing weekday trips in excess of 5%.
- 31% Decrease in daily taxi provided trips equating to annual savings of $350,000.