Bus

Cleveland's Euclid Corridor approved by FTA

Posted on July 11, 2002

Cleveland's Euclid Corridor Transportation Project was approved for final design by the Federal Transit Administration. The bus rapid transit (BRT) project is the largest capital improvement in Cleveland's public transit history. The 6.7-mile BRT system involves transit improvements along parallel arterials and an exclusive center median busway. The system will connect Cleveland's two largest employment centers -- downtown and University Circle. A 60-foot articulated hybrid-electric vehicle will be run on the system. The $220-million BRT project is a joint effort between the government and state and local municipalities. About 60% of the project is being funded with federal grants and the remaining 40% is coming from the state of Ohio, the city of Cleveland and the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA). The RTA hopes to break ground in early 2004, with construction completed by the end of 2006. For more information on the corridor go to www.euclidtransit.org

View comments or post a comment on this story. (0 Comments)

More News

VIA debuts first of 400-plus new CNG buses

The new 40-foot buses, manufactured by Nova Bus, feature a 67-passenger capacity.

Lane Transit District seeks $30M from state for BRT

LTD is hoping to get the money in the form of Oregon Lottery-backed bonds, to use as matching funds for a federal grant it plans to apply for.

REV Group acquires Midwest Automotive Designs

The acquisition enhances REV’s product offerings in the commercial segment of its bus division, by adding multiple products for the luxury limousine, charter and tour bus markets.

NJ Transit awards MCI 2nd year of 6-year Commuter Coach contract

The company’s three-decade relationship with NJ TRANSIT continued in November 2015 with the company winning a competitive procurement to manufacture and deliver up to 1,222 commuter coaches.

ARBOC releases Ford Spirit of Independence model

The vehicle features a 96-inch width and a flat floor design that allows stress-free maneuverability for up to fifteen ambulatory and five wheelchair passengers, according to the company.

See More News

Post a Comment

Post Comment

Comments (0)

More From The World's Largest Fleet Publisher

Automotive Fleet

The Car and truck fleet and leasing management magazine

Business Fleet

managing 10-50 company vehicles

Fleet Financials

Executive vehicle management

Government Fleet

managing public sector vehicles & equipment

TruckingInfo.com

THE COMMERCIAL TRUCK INDUSTRY’S MOST IN-DEPTH INFORMATION SOURCE

Work Truck Magazine

The number 1 resource for vocational truck fleets

Schoolbus Fleet

Serving school transportation professionals in the U.S. and Canada

LCT Magazine

Global Resource For Limousine and Bus Transportation

Please sign in or register to .    Close