For the third consecutive year more than nine out of ten Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) customers report overall satisfaction with the agency. The survey reported a 93 percent general satisfaction compared to 94 percent in 2008 and 91 percent in 2007.
The survey of more than 5,500 customers was conducted in August and has a margin of error of +/- 1.3 percent. Other key findings from the survey, include
- 95 percent would recommend riding DART to others.
- 86 percent believe services are better than last year.
- 86 percent believe buses are on schedule.
- 95 percent report the trains are on time.
- Customer perception of vehicle cleanliness was up for both buses (81 percent) and trains (95 percent) compared with 2008.
- Customers feel safe at transit centers and park & rides (88 percent), buses (91 percent), trains (90 percent) and bus stops and rail stations (86 percent).
"We're pleased customers have noticed our continued effort to make their trips safe, comfortable and easy," said Gary Thomas, DART president/executive director. "I'm proud of the hard work of our staff, but there's still more for us to do and I'm confident we'll continue making gains."