The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) announced the 2010-2011 Executive Committee, which was elected by APTA members, at the 2010 APTA Annual Meeting in San Antonio.
The Executive Committee will be led by Chair Michael J. Scanlon, GM/CEO of San Mateo County Transit District and Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board in San Carlos, Calif. Scanlon succeeds Mattie (M.P.) Carter, commissioner of the Memphis Area Transit Authority in Tennessee.
In addition, Gary C. Thomas, president/executive director of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit in Dallas, was elected to the office of Vice Chair. Nathaniel P. Ford Sr., executive director and chief executive officer of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, will serve as secretary-treasurer.
The remaining members of the Executive Committee are:
Executive Committee Members at Large
- J. Barry Barker, Executive Director, Transit Authority of River City (Louisville, Ky.)
- Doran J. Barnes, Executive Director Foothill Transit (West Covina, Calif.)
- Alison Hewitt, Board Vice Chair, Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) (Tampa, Fla.)
- Peter J. Varga, CEO, Interurban Transit Partnership (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Christopher P. Boylan, Deputy Executive Director, Corporate Affairs and Communication, Metropolitan Transportation Authority (N.Y.)
- Greg Evans, M.Ed., Board Member, Lane Transit District (Eugene, Ore.)
- David J. Armijo, CEO, HART
- Sharon McBride, Board Member, Greater Peoria (Ill.) Mass Transit District
- James Weinstein, Executive Director, NJ TRANSIT (Newark, N.J.)
Business Members at-Large
- Jerome C. Premo, Executive Vice President and Global Transit Director, AECOM
- Sharon Greene, Principal, Sharon Greene & Associates
- Alice Wiggins-Tolbert, Director, Project Development, Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Charles R. Wochele, VP, Industry and Government Relations, ALSTOM Transportation Inc.
- Alan C. Wulkan, Managing Partner, InfraConsult LLC