On-the-go access to the information riders need on bus and train service throughout the Seattle region just got easier with the launch of a new Sound Transit website for smart phones.
When users of devices that feature HTML5-compliant smart phone technology visit the agency's website they are now automatically directed to the new site offering more convenient access to service information.
• Plan trips across the region on Sound Transit and partner agency buses and trains.
• Locate nearby stops and stations and plan trips from there.
• Look up bus and Sounder schedules.
• Look up Central Link and Tacoma Link train frequency charts.
• Locate Sound Transit parking facilities.
• Use GPS technology to enter start and end points in the trip planner.
Sound Transit will continue to work on further enhancements to its websites, including the addition of real-time service information and interactive maps. Users of Web-enabled handhelds that lack smart phone features will also benefit from upcoming improvements.
The launch of the new smart phone site follows this year's introduction of major improvements to the agency's primary website, including easier trip planning.