Chicago’s Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) released a new goroo app as part of the agency’s effort to enhance the customer experience and increase transit ridership. Transit riders can now access regionally-integrated, multi-modal transportation information “on the go” with their smartphones.
The app can be accessed by logging on to www.goroo.com from the browser of any web-enabled smartphone, including devices powered by Apple’s iOS, Google’s Android and Microsoft’s Windows Phone software.
The app includes the same features that travelers in the region have been using on the goroo desktop site, including:
• Trip directions using transit, driving, walking, biking or any combination of these transportation options. The directions include a weather forecast for the travel day, as well as cost savings and air quality benefits of choosing transit.
• Real-time estimates of when a CTA train, CTA bus or Metra train is arriving at a stop. This capability involves the integration with the CTA’s TrainTracker and BusTracker systems and Metra’s Rail-Time Tracker system.
• Scheduled information of when a Pace bus is arriving at a stop. The RTA and Pace expect to provide real-time estimates in the very near future.
• Full schedules for all CTA, Metra and Pace routes in the region.
• Stop-to-stop schedules for only the origin and destination stops for any CTA, Metra or Pace routes.
• Real-time travel alerts on transit and highway conditions such as delays and incidents, construction detours, bus reroutes and station elevator outages.
• Information on major destinations and attractions in the region.
Last year, goroo provided more than 13 million schedules and itineraries to commuters traveling within the region.