Accessibility   |   Bus   |   Management & Operations   |   Motorcoach   |   Rail   |   Sustainability   |   University

June 14, 2013

Planned N.C. hub loses funding

RALEIGH, N.C. — The state Department of Transportation (DOT) reneged on a promise to use $15 million in federal funding on a regional transit hub planned for Raleigh, according to WRAL.

Transportation Secretary Tony Tata outlined the problem, noting the state received $29 million in uncommitted funds in 2010 as part of $520 million in federal stimulus money for high-speed rail projects. A former DOT official said Raleigh could have $15 million of the uncommitted funds for Union Station, but the Federal Railroad Administration said rail upgrades between Raleigh and Charlotte had already consumed the money. For the full story, click here.

deli.cio.us digg it stumble upon newsvine
[ Request More Info about this product / service / company ]

    There are no comments.

E-NEWSLETTER

Receive the latest Metro E-Newsletters in your inbox!

Join the Metro E-Newsletters and receive the latest news in your e-mail inbox once a week. SIGN UP NOW!

View the latest eNews
Express Tuesday | Express Thursday | University Transit

White Papers

Mass Transit Capital Planning An overview of the world-class best practices for assessing, prioritizing, and funding capital projects to optimize resources and align with the organization’s most critical immediate and long-term goals.

More white papers


STORE
METRO Magazine - August 2013

METRO Magazine
Here are the Highlight:
  • Paratransit Survey: Operators Grapple with Funding Retention
  • Temsa Vehicles Bring Smoother, Quieter Riders to U.S. Market
  • Ridership Growth Spurs Twin City’s Transit to Expand Services
    And much more…
  •  
    DIGITAL EDITION

    The full contents of Metro Magazine on your computer! The digital edition is an exact replica of the print magazine with enhanced search, multimedia and hyperlink features. View the current issue