Government Issues

Planned N.C. hub loses funding

Posted on June 14, 2013

RALEIGH, N.C. — The state Department of Transportation (DOT) reneged on a promise to use $15 million in federal funding on a regional transit hub planned for Raleigh, according to WRAL.

Transportation Secretary Tony Tata outlined the problem, noting the state received $29 million in uncommitted funds in 2010 as part of $520 million in federal stimulus money for high-speed rail projects. A former DOT official said Raleigh could have $15 million of the uncommitted funds for Union Station, but the Federal Railroad Administration said rail upgrades between Raleigh and Charlotte had already consumed the money. For the full story, click here.

View comments or post a comment on this story. (0 Comments)

Post a Comment

Post Comment

Comments (0)

Please sign in or register to .    Close