In response to the tremendous worldwide growth in smartphone adoption, Cubic Transportation Systems launched its NextWave Mobile Business System — a comprehensive platform that enables transit operators to rapidly and securely provide new mobile services to their customers.
The platform will be demonstrated at the APTA Annual Meeting on Monday at Cubic’s booth #804.
With NextWave, transit agencies can quickly introduce an agency-branded mobile app backed by a cloud-based array of support services that:
- Leverage Near Field Communications (NFC) technology to turn a mobile phone into a contactless fare card, reducing the reliance on physical card distribution.
- Enable mobile fare purchases by turning NFC enabled mobile phones into the equivalent of a ticket vending machine that can re-load contactless transit cards in real time.
- Offer customer support through mobile self-services, including managing all fare purchases; reviewing balances, transactions and fare charges; and receiving notifications about account status and usage.
- Help travelers plan journeys and receive alerts about travel conditions.
- Generate new revenues by leveraging advertising and mobile marketing opportunities.
NextWave simplifies the complexities of deploying mobile services by providing a cloud-based platform that integrates with both closed- and open-loop contactless fare systems, payment processors, mobile networks, NFC platforms, and both iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.