The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) announced its 2015-2016 Executive Committee as voted by APTA members at the Annual Business Meeting and Election of Officers in San Francisco, in conjunction with the 2015 APTA Annual Meeting.
The new APTA chair is Valarie J. McCall, board of trustees, of the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority. McCall, who is the chief of government and international affairs for the city of Cleveland succeeds Phillip A. Washington.
Doran J. Barnes, the executive director of Foothill Transit of West Covina, Calif., was elected vice chair, and Kim R. Green, executive director of business development for GENFARE of Elk Grove Village, Ill. was elected secretary-treasurer.
2015-2016 New Executive Committee Members-at-Large
- Nuria I. Fernandez, GM, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, San Jose, Calif.
- Jeffrey A. Nelson, GM, Rock Island County Metropolitan Mass Transit District (MetroLink) Moline, Ill.
- Freddie C. Fuller II, VP, Mid-Atlantic Transit & Rail Market Leader, CH2M Hill, Washington, D.C.
- Charles Wochele, Managing Partner/Owner, TransitConsult LLC, Canandaigua, N.Y.
2015-2016 New APTA Board of Directors
- Lester W. Bryant, Board Trustee, VIA Metropolitan Transit, San Antonio.
- Andre Gibson, Board Vice Chairman, Memphis Area Transit Authority, Memphis, Tenn.
- Bacarra S. Mauldin, Board Member, Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority (MAX), Birmingham, Ala.
- Andre McEwing, Board Vice Chair, Fort Worth Transportation Authority (The T), Fort Worth, Texas.
- Allan Pollock, GM/CEO, Salem-Keizer Transit, Salem, Ore.
- Elizabeth Presutti, GM, Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority- DART, Des Moines, Iowa.
- Jarod V. Varner, Executive Director, Central Arkansas Transit Authority, North Little Rock, Ark.
- Sharon Greene, SVP, Director, Finance Market Sector, HDR/Sharon Greene + Associates, Irvine, Calif.
- Raymond J. Melleady, Managing Director, USSC Group/4ONE/FMNA, Exton, Pa.
- Jeffrey Wharton, President, IMPulse NC LLC, Mount Olive, N.C.