Trailways recently announced its outstanding driver and fleet-safety performance awards, along with honors for exceptional corporate marketing campaigns at its 74th annual conference in Birmingham, Ala.
Julie King of Excursions Trailways of Ft. Wayne, Ind., was named Trailways' Driver of the Year for her demonstrated professionalism and documented safe-performance records. Criteria for the award include miles driven, number of preventable accidents, work attendance, and both passenger and employer service testimonials.
Additionally, Trailways bestowed its Fleet Service Awards for Safety, which represent a ratio of miles driven to the number of recorded preventable accidents. Honors went to:
- Arrow Trailways of Texas, Killeen, Texas (Scheduled Route division, less than two million miles traveled).
- Martz Trailways, Wilkes-Barre, Pa. (Scheduled Route Division, over two million miles traveled).
- Sun Travel Trailways, Beaumont, Texas (Charter & Tour Division, less than two million miles traveled).
- Capital Trailways of Alabama, Montgomery, Ala. (Charter & Tour Division, less than two million miles traveled).
- Great Canadian Trailways, Kitchener, Ontario (Charter & Tour Division, over two million miles traveled).
Meanwhile, the Outstanding Service Achievement Award for Safety went to Pine Hill Trailways of Hurley, N.Y. (Schedule Route Division) and Capital Trailways of Alabama (Charter & Tour Division).
Team Trailways companies that conducted exceptional corporate marketing programs during the year were also recognized:
- Anchor Trailways of Nashville, Tenn., captured Best Magazine/Publication Advertisement; Best Motorcoach Design; and Best Public Relations/Promotions awards.
- Fullington Trailways of Clearfield, Pa, received the Best Product Service Literature Award and Best Direct Mail Campaign awards.
- Gentry Trailways of Knoxville, Tenn., took home Best Product Service Literature and Best Public Relations/Promotions awards.
- Sun Travel Trailways received the Best Direct Mail Campaign and Outstanding World Wide Web Presence awards.
Adirondack/Pine Hill/New York Trailways of Hurley, N.Y., also received an award for Outstanding World Wide Web Presence for large operator category.