December 6, 2013
May change the price from $4.00 to $3.00. In a recent state survey measuring the impact of the 2012 hikes on seniors, a majority of RIDE users whose income is less than $2,000 per month said they cut back on food, personal grooming and transit trips.
December 5, 2013
Beginning next year, service on all subway lines, light rail and the 15 key bus routes will run until 2:30 am on Friday and Saturdays. Service will not be extended on the commuter rail or ferry.
November 1, 2013
The MBTA will run rush hour-level service throughout the day Saturday to accommodate the hundreds of thousands expected to throng the city for the team's World Series victory parade,
October 24, 2013
The company will add workers to its Owosso facility after landing a $31.4 million contract with MBTA to rebuild 192 buses.
The project will deliver at least 226 vehicles; 152 Orange Line cars, replacing the entire fleet of 120 and 74 Red Line cars, with an option to increase the fleet to 132.
September 30, 2013
ITNGreaterBoston, a program started in 2012, specializes in door-to-door, 24/7 transportation for seniors, and keeps costs down by covering 40% of the price of each ride. The other 60% comes from the users.
September 10, 2013
The mTicket app will be competing for top honors in the 2013 America’s Transportation Awards, sponsored by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation officials, AAA, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
September 4, 2013
The video, which features MBTA staff and riders singing and dancing along to a hip-hop inspired song, "The Safety Bounce," was financed by Titan, the advertising firm that contracts with the transit agency.
August 28, 2013
The Sesame Ring, designed by two MIT students, is currently part of a Kickstarter campaign.
Allows riders to purchase and then display rail tickets on the smartphone’s screen as an encrypted barcode and as a human readable ticket.
Join the Metro E-Newsletters and receive the latest news in your e-mail inbox once a week. SIGN UP NOW!
View the latest eNews
Express Tuesday | Express Thursday | University Transit
Mass transit mobile Wi-Fi & the public sector case study How Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority successfully implemented Wi-Fi on its light rail and bus lines
More white papers
The full contents of Metro Magazine on your computer! The digital edition is an exact replica of the print magazine with enhanced search, multimedia and hyperlink features. View the current issue
Copyright © 2013 Metro Magazine. All Rights Reserved.