December 6, 2011

King County taps Veolia for paratransit service

Veolia Transportation secured a seven-year extension with Seattle-based King County Metro that will allow the company to operate paratransit service through 2018.

Veolia began operating the King County Metro Accessible Service Program (ADA) contract in 1996. Starting as one of five providers with just 39 paratransit vehicles and 45 employees, the service has grown over the last 15 years. Veolia now operates 75% of the ADA service in King County, utilizing a fleet of 248 paratransit vehicles and 388 management, drivers and support staff. The remaining 25% of ADA service is operated by a local non-profit organization.

The contract extension runs through July 31, 2018.

 

deli.cio.us digg it stumble upon newsvine
[ Request More Info about this product / service / company ]


E-NEWSLETTER

Receive the latest Metro E-Newsletters in your inbox!

Join the Metro E-Newsletters and receive the latest news in your e-mail inbox once a week. SIGN UP NOW!

View the latest eNews
Express Tuesday | Express Thursday | University Transit

White Papers

Factors in Transit Bus Ramp Slope and Wheelchair-Seated Passenger Safety Nearly 3 million U.S. adults are wheelchair or scooter users1, and as the population ages this number is expected to rise. Many wheelchair users rely upon public transportation to access work, medical care, school and social activities.

Mass Transit Capital Planning An overview of the world-class best practices for assessing, prioritizing, and funding capital projects to optimize resources and align with the organization’s most critical immediate and long-term goals.

The Benefits of Door-to-Door Service in ADA Complementary Paratransit Many U.S. transit agencies continue to struggle with the quality of ADA service, the costs, and the difficulties encountered in contracting the service, which is the method of choice for a significant majority of agencies. One of the most basic policy decisions an agency must make involves whether to provide door-to-door, or only curb-to-curb service.

More white papers


 
DIGITAL EDITION

The full contents of Metro Magazine on your computer! The digital edition is an exact replica of the print magazine with enhanced search, multimedia and hyperlink features. View the current issue