Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Bill Shuster (R-PA) announced the committee leadership he intends to appoint for the 113th Congress.
“We have an extremely talented team of capable, proven leaders with diverse backgrounds that will be instrumental in the Committee’s important work this Congress,” Shuster said. “I look forward to working together to promote competitiveness and economic growth, reform programs, and strengthen our nation’s infrastructure.”
The committee’s vice chairman will be Rep. John J. Duncan Jr. (R-TN). As vice chairman, Duncan will play a critical role in moving forward the committee’s agenda. Duncan will also lead a series of special panels that will be tasked with making recommendations to the full committee.
Under Duncan’s leadership, special panels will examine issues that span the committee’s broad jurisdiction throughout the 113th Congress. Additional details regarding special panels will be announced at a later date.
The vice chairman and subcommittee chairmen are expected to be confirmed at the committee’s organizational meeting later this month. Full subcommittee rosters will also be released at that time.
The Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure leadership team for the 113th Congress is expected to include:
- Full Committee Vice Chairman - Rep. John J. Duncan Jr. (R-TN)
- Subcommittee on Aviation - Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-NJ)
- Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation - Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA)
- Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management - Rep. Lou Barletta (R-PA)
- Subcommittee on Highways and Transit - Rep. Tom Petri (R-WI)
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines and Hazardous Materials - Rep. Jeff Denham (R-CA)
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment - Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-OH)