Operation Lifesaver Inc. (OLI) released its 2012 Annual Report, which reviews the organization’s accomplishments.
The activities detailed in OLI’s annual report include:
- Celebrating its 40th anniversary with a leadership summit in Denver.
- Producing safety education materials for rail commuters, new drivers, school bus drivers and Operation Lifesaver’s 50 state programs.
- Working with the Federal Transit Administration and Federal Railroad Administration on grants for safety campaigns and other activities in cities and states around the U.S..
- Initiating updates to the OLI volunteer education process.
- Increasing Operation Lifesaver’s social media presence.
“While the last two years have brought changes in Operation Lifesaver’s message delivery model, educational activities and leadership,” President/CEO Joyce Rose said. “Our goal remains the same as it was 40 years ago: to reduce incidents, deaths and injuries at highway-rail crossing and on or around rail property. Saving lives is the mission that unites us.”
View and download the 2012 Operation Lifesaver annual report here.