Axis Communications announced the latest addition to its AXIS Q61 Series of pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ) dome network cameras. With outstanding video quality in 4K Ultra HD resolution and high-speed pan/tilt and powerful zoom functions, the new AXIS Q6128-E is suitable for both indoor and outdoor installations, in low light and challenging environmental conditions. This makes it ideal for a range of applications such as shopping malls, parking lots and sports stadiums, as well as city and perimeter surveillance.
PTZ dome cameras with Axis’ Sharpdome technology enable exceptional coverage of large areas — above and below the horizon — with great detail when zooming in. Axis’ unique Speed Dry function provides sharp images even in rainy conditions and simplifies dome cleaning. AXIS Q6128-E will function reliably in temperatures ranging from -58°F to 122°F and features automatic defog. Like all cameras in the AXIS Q61 Series, AXIS Q6128-E supports Electronic Image Stabilization for smooth video even in scenes with lots of motion.
“The 4K standard was driven by the consumer market and we brought this technology to the security industry with the release of AXIS P1428-E, our first 4K camera last year. The camera was well-received and generated a lot of interest, so we’re thrilled to incorporate 4K resolution into the powerful and feature-rich AXIS Q61 Series,” said Fredrik Nilsson, GM, Axis Communications Inc. “Sharpdome technology allows users to truly benefit from the high resolution, and the unique Speed Dry function enables more effective maintenance.”
Its built-in video analytics functionality includes motion detection and Advanced Gatekeeper, allowing the camera to detect an object in a specified area and zoom in on it. With its open Application Programming Interface, the camera also has substantial capacity for third-party intelligent video applications through the Axis Application Development Partner (ADP) Program.
Additional features of AXIS Q6128-E include:
- Top performance 4K (8 MP) video at a frame rate of 30 fps
- 12x optical zoom with autofocus
- Quick and precise pan of more than 700 degrees per second to allow tracking of fast moving objects
- Distortion-free, transparent dome cover
- Built-in protection against dust, strong water jets, rain, snow and sunlight
- Impact resistance (IK08-rated)
- Shock detection with automated alarm to prevent tampering and vandalism
- Arctic Temperature Control for startup and operation in temperatures down to -40 degrees F