USSC Group (USSC) announced that its President/CEO, Joseph Mirabile, was awarded the EY Entrepreneur Of the Year Award 2019 for Security and Safety.
Considered one of the most prestigious business awards programs in the U.S., the EY Entrepreneur of the Year award recognizes leaders who excel in innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities, while transforming the world. Mirabile was selected by an independent panel of judges, and the award was presented at a special gala event in Philadelphia.
"I am honored to receive the EY Entrepreneur of the Year award on behalf of our passionate and dedicated employees as well as our talented management team. Our team works hard every day to solidify USSC's unfaltering commitment to advance the safety, survivability and technology that our customers deserve by creating innovative products that save lives,” Mirabile said.
USSC has experienced exponential growth and has received several notable accolades in 2019, according to the companyh. USSC recently opened a new 300,000-square-foot state-of-the-art headquarters, dedicated to worker safety and environmentally safe conditions, attaining the gold standard of an IOS 14001- environmental certification. USSC broke ground on an additional 200,000-square-feet of manufacturing space to be opened in early 2020.
- First quarter acquisitions included Vista Brake Lock, a safety and security system designed to prevent the theft of emergency vehicles and Child Check-Mate, a unique alarm system which aids school bus drivers to ensure that all children have safely disembarked their vehicle upon the completion of each run.
- USSC has also helped champion legislation requiring fire-suppression systems on all school buses.
- In addition, USSC Group was named Philly's Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies, by the Philadelphia Inquirer, and certified as a Great Place to Work.
- USSC also received Smart Business Networks 2019 Dealmaker of the Year award at their annual Aspire Awards in Philadelphia on June 12th.
- USSC plans to hire several hundred additional employees over the next year.
See all comments