Transdev Canada has acquired Voyago, a passenger transportation company based in Ontario, Canada. With this acquisition, Transdev Canada will now have 2,600 employees providing transportation services across Quebec and Ontario and will complete 36 million passenger trips per year. The combined company will have revenues of $141 million.
The unified company plans to expand in Canada, providing continued excellent service quality and helping clients take advantage of the opportunities unfolding in today’s mobility environment.
Transdev Canada’s activities are currently concentrated mainly in the Montreal area of Quebec and in the Greater Toronto area of Ontario. Key business activities include:
- Operates multiple modes of transport, including urban and suburban bus, paratransit, school transport (traditional and specialized) and charter services
- Works under contract with some 20 transit authorities, municipalities and school boards.
- Operates LimoCar, inter-city express bus service between Sherbrooke and downtown Montreal
Voyago is a highly respected family-owned group of transportation companies in Ontario, Canada, with a 40-year history. The Voyago companies operate in several mobility sectors:
- Student transport (33,000 per day), (Voyago Education)
- Passenger transport between health facilities, serving 80 hospitals and more than 200 care centers (Voyago Health)
- Conventional and specialized public transport, as well as charter and limousine services
At the core of this union are shared core values: trust, safety of passengers and employees, performance, innovation and the quality of the passenger experience. As they combine forces, both companies intend to work with a partner-like approach, where each shares with the other its best tools, practices and methods, according to a statement.