New Flyer of America Inc. and New Flyer Industries Canada ULC, subsidiaries of NFI Group Inc., announced the formation of a new service dedicated to providing safe, reliable, smart, and sustainable charging and mobility solutions — New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions™.
New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions™ will support mobility projects from start to finish and focus on energy management optimization as well as infrastructure planning and development, providing a cohesive transition of bus fleets to zero-emission bus (ZEB) technology.
This newly established service offering is the result of ongoing industry efforts to provide smart, sustainable, connected public transit solutions.
Infrastructure Solutions will:
- Conduct site visits.
- Provide design and engineering services
- Oversee qualified Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) partners to provide make-ready utility services and install chargers.
- Coordinate UL certification.
- Provide onsite grid-to-bus testing and commissioning to ensure safe, reliable, and cost-effective infrastructure projects.
With the announcement, New Flyer becomes the first North American bus manufacturer to offer a comprehensive infrastructure service. While purchasing a ZEB is one step toward building a zero-emission fleet, developing depot or on-route charging infrastructure is the second, most critical step requiring complex technical expertise to ensure successful deployment.
The Infrastructure Solutions team will be based at the Vehicle Innovation Center (VIC) in Anniston, Alabama.
With the addition of infrastructure capabilities, New Flyer now offers the complete scope of infrastructure solutions from conception through commissioning for small to large fleets from the grid to the bus, including:
- Development of grid resiliency
- Responsibly-sourced energy
- Logistic support
- Regulatory navigation, and stakeholder relations
Infrastructure Solutions currently has partnership programs with leading firms including Black & Veatch, Siemens, ABB, ChargePoint, and Burns & McDonnell, and will continue to grow its key partner network over time to ensure the best value for customers.
See all comments