Icomera, a subsidiary of ENGIE Ineo, and Prevost have launched a range of easy-to-order onboard entertainment packages for new and retrofit Prevost coach buyers in North America.
The agreement between the two companies states that Icomera’s newly-developed branded media portal solution will be exclusively available to Prevost and its customers in the U.S. until June 2019.
- The entertainment packages available provide a range of content including Hollywood movies, TV shows, eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and games.
- In addition, passengers can access real-time information regarding their journey and connect to onboard Wi-Fi to send emails and browse the internet.
- All content is delivered directly to passengers’ own smart devices via their internet browser — so there’s no need for operators to install and maintain seatback screens, or for passengers to download an app in order to enjoy the onboard entertainment.
Icomera and Prevost’s entertainment options have been packaged and built within a transparent, all-inclusive pricing model — everything, from the necessary hardware and management software, to ongoing support and services, is included and deployable from the moment a Prevost coach is purchased.
- The solution is hosted on Icomera’s hardware and software platform, which delivers mobile internet connectivity, backed by a suite of cloud-based management and support tools.
- Icomera’s multi-radio X-Series application routers provide power and storage for multiple, resource-intensive applications, meaning there is no need for additional hardware, such as media servers, to be installed.
- Alongside this, coach operators will benefit from remote monitoring and support jointly provided by Icomera and Prevost.
- Available 24/7, the support desk’s team of qualified technicians are on hand to respond, as and when required.