The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced its electronic logging device (ELD) Implementation National Tour — a public education and outreach campaign geared toward helping commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers transition to ELDs.
In several cities across the country, FMCSA subject matter experts will lead driver-focused presentations and panel discussions on ELD implementation.
As required by law, all carriers subject to the ELD Rule must convert from paper logs or logging software to a registered ELD if they do not have an Automatic On-Board Recording Device (AOBRD) by Dec. 18, 2017.
FMCSA agency staff at their interactive exhibit booth will answer questions, provide consumer-friendly resources and materials, and review drivers’ and carriers’ responsibilities.
FMCSA’s ELD Implementation National Tour dates and locations are as follows:
- July 13 to 15 – Iowa 80 Truckstop Jamboree (Walcott, Iowa)
- August 24 to 26 – Great American Trucking Show (Dallas)
- Sept. 25 to 27 – North American Commercial Vehicle Show (Atlanta)
- Oct. 14 to 15 – California Trucking Show (Ontario, Calif.)
- Oct. 21 to 24 – American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition (Orlando, Fla.)
- Nov. 6 to 8 – Women in Trucking Accelerate! Conference & Expo (Kansas City)
For more information about electronic logging devices, including the ELD Rule, frequently asked questions, and other resources, click here.