Mariordo

Mariordo

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Washington Post reports that the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) plans to turn on free customer Wi-Fi at 30 stations by the end of the year, allowing passengers on phones, tablets, and laptops to tap into the agency’s wireless network.

If plans stay on track, nearly every Red Line station from Union Station to Medical Center will have access to free Wi-Fi and a broad section of the system’s core also should be covered by the end of the year.

The announcement adds 24 more underground stations to the list, and follows GM Paul J. Wiedefeld’s pledge to activate Wi-Fi in 60% of underground stations by the end of 2017 — with the remaining 40% to be covered in 2018. For the full story, click here.

0 Comments