Parsons Brinckerhoff was recognized by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) for its sustainability practices with a Silver designation, as part of APTA’s Sustainability Commitment program.
Public transit agencies and businesses that voluntarily participate in the APTA Sustainability Commitment program commit to implementing processes and actions that create continuous improvements in environmental, social, and economic sustainability.
Sustainability is a core value for Parsons Brinckerhoff and the firm was a founding signatory to the APTA Sustainability Commitment program in 2009. The sustainability practices documented by Parsons Brinckerhoff in its application to APTA included:
- Establishment of an organization-wide policy and action plan that covers economic, social and environmental sustainability.
- Establishment of a climate action plan for the organization.
- A sustainable procurement policy and supply-chain policy that is based on comprehensive sustainability principles.
- Playing an active role in the community through established community programs.
- Ensuring all new construction meets LEED principles (or similar) and bringing existing construction into line with those standards.
- Embedding sustainability into technical practice throughout the company.
See all comments