ABC Companies promoted fleet diversification at UMA Expo 2022 with the showcase of the Terra Transit medium-duty shuttle bus, joining the company’s flagship Van Hool CX45 model.
“We are attuned to the changing demands of passenger transport and operator needs, especially in the current environment," said Roman Cornell/ABC President, CCO. “We think that versatility is today’s game changer and we’ve added new OEM categories, like mini buses and more to the ABC portfolio to help owners be proactive in diversifying their business model. Knowing the needs of our customers, means we focused on adding brands like Turtle Top and others, who provide superior products and support in their categories. Whether they need a full-size coach, smaller coach model, transit vehicles or shuttle cutaways, we’re ready to help them make any size passenger move."
ABC said fleet diversification is key to the company's growth strategy, and the company’s current lineup reflects its commitment to mixed fleet utilization.
With passenger configurations for 12-81 passengers, ABC’s offering from OEM category leaders offers choices that support large group moves, provide alternatives for smaller groups, and address emerging trends for micro-transit and alternative mobility.
The 2022 Van Hool CX45 on exhibit at ABC Booth #937 featured driver and passenger amenities including:
- Soft touch and textured finishes throughout driver area and passenger cabin
- Modular passenger entry w/downlit accent lighting and brushed metal finishes
- Low profile parcel rack end cap design
- Maximized footprint side entry restroom with inset design elements and frosted window
- Roomy Drivers area featuring inlaid driver’s dash cubby; Anti-skid dash board material; Integrated low profile ELD mounting point; cup holders, 12V Outlet, and USB
- Digital dash integrating high visibility driver alerts; output for speed, tach, pressure, temp readings, and more
The Turtle Top Terra Transit Shuttle offers:
- Available on Ford or Chevy chassis
- 29” or 36” front door entry
- Large A-pillar window
- Available in flat and lowered floor
- Flexible seating options up to 34 passengers
- Variety of floor plans integrating storage, seating preference, and wheelchair accessibility (front or rear lift location)
- Quality construction and full roll cage with a five-year warranty
- 5-sided steel roll cage w/rust inhibitor
- High-gloss one-piece composite exterior
- Side panels w/UV protection
“We’re seeing a lot of creativity in how operators are running their fleets today," said Cornell “We’ve positioned our portfolio and moreover our entire platform of support services to help them be flexible and thrive. Though our expanded services, a broader equipment offering and decades of expertise we can help owners capitalize on the changing face of ground transportation."