Toronto's GO Transit is making several system-wide train and bus service changes to bring schedules in line with actual travel trip times and to meet the needs of its growing ridership across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).
GO Transit's strategically-adjusted train and bus schedules, across all seven corridors, vary from minor changes to departure and arrival times, to significant service changes and additions.
These service changes represent a comprehensive adjustment of train and bus service schedules. A number of factors contributed to the need to update the GO system including:
- The addition of new services that accommodate recent changes in customer travel patterns and ease congestion on busy routes, including the addition of a new westbound Lakeshore East morning train from Oshawa;
- An expanded service network, increased ridership and added train capacity with the implementation of 12-car trains, which have had an impact on the published schedule versus the actual travel times;
- A mandate to support a fully-integrated regional transportation system across the GTHA by optimizing services already being offered by our regional transit provider partners;
- A system-wide review that identified opportunities where service resources across the region could be used more efficiently and effectively to better meet the needs of commuters across the region; and
- A responsibility to provide continued high-level service in a fiscally responsible way.