Management & Operations

FirstBus Canada will operate Ottawa bus service

Posted on March 6, 2002

FirstBus Canada Limited will provide wheelchair accessible public transportation services for the City of Ottawa in Ontario, Canada. FirstBus Canada will operate a fleet of 90 buses for a five-year contract beginning July 1, 2002. It will also operate a fleet of about 37 sedans for ambulatory passengers under a second contract with the city. Combined gross revenues are projected to be greater than $50 million dollars. The City of Ottawa provides door-to-door transportation service for persons with disabilities who are not able to use conventional transit services. There are approximately 10,000 persons with disabilities in Ottawa who are registered for this service. Approximately 30% of the registrants use either a wheelchair or scooter and therefore require a wheelchair accessible vehicle. The remaining 70%are ambulatory and can usually travel in either a passenger car or a wheelchair-accessible vehicle.

View comments or post a comment on this story. (0 Comments)

More News

London most expensive city to commute to work via public transit

As part of a report by Deutsche Bank, New York City comes in it at No. 4 at a cost of approximately $120 per month, with Chicago and San Francisco at $102.10 and $86.10 per month, respectively, joining the list as well.

Late U2 concert leaves transit officials upset over costs

The Wednesday night concert, which didn't wrap up until 11 p.m., forced the Valley Transportation Authority to add 11 extra after-hours trains to accommodate concertgoers.

UITP Summit offers glimpse at the future of mobility

The theme of the biennial Global Public Transport Summit was “Lead the TRANSITion” and served to highlight the need for public transport to take the lead faced with the numerous changes and challenges

Stertil-Koni commemorates 7,500th vehicle lift at U.S. facility

Coming off the production line to achieve this historic milestone for the company was the ebright ST 1085 cabled mobile column lift — which is capable of lifting 18,500 lbs. per column or 74,000 lbs. for a set of four.

STV names new Transportation & Infrastructure Division VP

In his new role, Girish Roy will be responsible for helping to develop and manage major transportation projects throughout the U.S., with emphasis on the West Coast.

See More News

Post a Comment

Post Comment

Comments (0)

More From The World's Largest Fleet Publisher

Automotive Fleet

The Car and truck fleet and leasing management magazine

Business Fleet

managing 10-50 company vehicles

Fleet Financials

Executive vehicle management

Government Fleet

managing public sector vehicles & equipment

TruckingInfo.com

THE COMMERCIAL TRUCK INDUSTRY’S MOST IN-DEPTH INFORMATION SOURCE

Work Truck Magazine

The number 1 resource for vocational truck fleets

Schoolbus Fleet

Serving school transportation professionals in the U.S. and Canada

LCT Magazine

Global Resource For Limousine and Bus Transportation

Please sign in or register to .    Close