Motorcoach

NTSB unveils 2009 ‘Most Wanted List’

Posted on October 28, 2008

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) issued its 2009 Federal Most Wanted List of safety improvements, on Tuesday.

Among the newly added wishes to the list were the restriction of cell phone use by motorcoach drivers and the requiring of electronic on-board recorders by all motor carriers.

Positive train control and fatigue in the railroad industry were removed from the list. Both had been included since the list began in 1990.

"All of these safety-related issues highlighted in the Most Wanted List should be addressed promptly," said NTSB Chairman Mark V. Rosenker. "Though we are encouraged by progress being made, resulting in some items being removed from the list, several of these safety concerns have been on this list since its inception. That is unacceptable."

View comments or post a comment on this story. (0 Comments)

More News

MCI delivers J4500s to Quebec, Va.

Coaches include the latest safety technology, including electronic stability control, a new ZF independent front suspension for a superb turning radius and ride quality, and a Bendix braking system that delivers car-like control for drivers.

San Francisco's Loop commuter services acquired by Hallcon Corp.

The acquisition will enable the family-owned, 40-year-old transportation services company to expand its industry-leading commuter bus services beyond the Bay Area to markets across the country.

Motorcoach offerings abound at BusCon 2015

The UMA is continuing its partnership with BusCon by sponsoring two informative sessions on the afternoon of Monday, Sept. 28 — Social Media Mastery for Motorcoach Operators and Alcohol - What is Your Liability? The show continues on Tuesday and Wednesday with even more educational sessions and the chance to check out BusCon’s show floor

BusRates.Com, Distinctive Systems form partnership

New software integration will streamline lead management and track charter bookings.

Chinatown bus co. Fung Wah shuttering for good, owner says

Peilin Liang told NBC News in a telephone interview that without his company's two previous gates at Boston's South Station, which the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority gave away to Megabus and the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, his company cannot financially stay afloat.

See More News

Post a Comment

Post Comment

Comments (0)

More From The World's Largest Fleet Publisher

Automotive Fleet

The Car and truck fleet and leasing management magazine

Business Fleet

managing 10-50 company vehicles

Fleet Financials

Executive vehicle management

Government Fleet

managing public sector vehicles & equipment

TruckingInfo.com

THE COMMERCIAL TRUCK INDUSTRY’S MOST IN-DEPTH INFORMATION SOURCE

Work Truck Magazine

The resource for managers of class 1-7 truck Fleets

Schoolbus Fleet

Serving school transportation professionals in the U.S. and Canada

LCT Magazine

Global Resource For Limousine and Bus Transportation

Please sign in or register to .    Close