Motor Coach Industries (MCI) has unveiled a new logo and tagline to reflect its focus on building the most reliable coaches in North America.
The company chose the new tagline of “MCI -Reliability Driven” to reflect a rededication to expertly engineered coaches with high quality components; featuring the latest safety and security features; and offering unsurpassed parts availability and service.
“We’ll be using ‘Reliability Driven’ to tell the reliability story for MCI models,” said Patricia Ziska, MCI vice president of sales and marketing.
“At one time, MCI used the slogan ‘Mark of Responsibility’ to emphasize the total commitment MCI has for its customers and its products. Our new slogan not only communicates our corporate culture, but what our customers and the industry can expect from MCI today and in the future. The look of our new logo combines the stamp of MCI with our corporate emblem unifying our traditional core strength with today’s vision.”
Last March, MCI began a Business Excellence initiative company-wide, based on the principle of continuous improvement, in which teams establish processes to boost product quality and spur innovation. Many improvements are already taking shape throughout the company. Most relevant to customers are the updates MCI is making to the best-selling J4500.
Some of the improvements include:
• Improved cooling system released with the 2010 EPA engine technology
• A more robust electrical system that uses fully sealed connectors with key components protected from the elements
• A wide-ride suspension, offering coach stability and improved handling
• An optional steerable rear tag axle for a tighter turning radius
• Stronger baggage bay door cables
• Greased hinges on service doors
• Three brushless motors, including one evaporator motor and two condenser motors, that are easier to maintain
• Updated tag axle unloading valves to reduce air leaks.
MCI will unveil its new campaign and the latest updates to the J4500 at ABA Marketplace, Jan. 6 to Jan. 10 in Grapevine, Texas, and United Motorcoach Association’s Motor Coach EXPO, Feb. 8 to Feb. 12 in Long Beach, Calif.
For a look at MCI’s 6,000th -E/J unit celebration — and its presentation to Shriners of British Columbia and Yukon— see the video www.youtube.com/MotorCoachInd.