New Flyer of America Inc., announced it has signed the Transportation Electrification Accord (TEA), America’s first multi-sector accord that provides a roadmap to electrification. The TEA offers a shared vision for an equitable and prosperous future through communicating economic, social, and environmental benefits of electrified transportation.
New Flyer joins Fortune 500 companies including Honda, General Motors, Lyft, Siemens, the Southern Co., and CALSTART in signing the accord, in addition to over 30 state and local organizations focused on advancing clean energy. The TEA, which includes ten commitments to ensure sustainable, efficient, and collaborative mobility development on a global scale, outlines how transportation electrification can be advanced by policymakers, public utility commissions, and governments to benefit utility customers and all forms of transportation.
“As innovators in electric and zero-emission mobility, we are focused on advancing the adoption of electric transportation in America,” said Wayne Joseph, president, New Flyer of America. “We continue to advocate for electrification of public transit, and are proud of our efforts to actively develop, educate, and contribute to industry charging standards to support this exciting evolution. Signing the Transportation Electrification Accord was an important step in furthering our commitment, and collaborating with industry leaders in driving zero-emission adoption for buses.”
New Flyer continues to work with transit authorities, policy makers, service providers, and other manufacturers in the adoption of zero-emission buses and the development of charging standards. In signing the TEA, New Flyer broadens its efforts in zero-emission adoption, building on a series of commitments throughout 2018, which include:
- Becoming the first bus manufacturer in the world to sign onto the Shared Mobility Principles for Livable Cities;
- Joining CharIN to support industry charging standards for all electric vehicles;
- Becoming the first licensee outside the Volvo Group to join OppCharge in North America;
- Signing CALSTART’s Global Commercial Drive to Zero to support fast-tracking adoption of clean trucks and buses;
- and celebrating the Canadian Urban Transit Research and Innovation Consortium’s launch of the Pan-Canadian Electric Bus Demonstration and Integration Trial (the world’s first multi-manufacturer interoperability demonstration for fast-charge electric buses), of which New Flyer was a contributing member.
Through interactive learning and collaboration at its Vehicle Innovation Center (VIC), New Flyer continues to facilitate zero-emission adoption in America, specifically through delivery of educational electric bus programs focused on supporting successful zero-emission bus procurements, infrastructure development, and deployment of bus performance analytics.
See all comments