Lytx Inc. is celebrating 25 years of forging the intersection between safety and technology, as the company introduced the original DriveCam device in 1999.
Over the past 25 years, Lytx has developed and introduced technological advancements that have awarded the company over 195 issued and pending patents.
“Since the earliest phase of our relationship, Lytx has been there for us,” said Steve Scannell, transportation safety senior regional manager at Walmart. “Over the years, we've come to think of Lytx as a partner rather than just a vendor. They're always there to listen to our needs, helping us solve problems and innovate solutions to help us be safer and stronger.”
Lytx's Work with Fleets
Lytx works with more than 5,000 fleets to innovate solutions through Lytx Lab.
“Lytx has been fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with clients who are innovators and disruptors in their own sectors. Our clients care deeply about their workers, their customers, and their communities. Together, we’re proud to have been part of a 25-year movement to make the world a safer, better place with technologies that protect and connect organizations and their workers, said Brandon Nixon, CEO of Lytx. “We’re looking forward to the next 25 years of collaborating with our clients to develop breakthrough solutions that drive greater performance and operational efficiencies.”
Additional company milestones include:
- 2001 – The DC2 event recorder is released, Lytx’s first scalable product that is mass-produced.
- 2002 – Lytx is awarded three patents for the first vehicle data recorder of its kind designed to pinpoint unsafe driving.
- 2008 – The company releases a pattern-recognition software that more accurately identifies risky driving actions, helping clients predict the riskiest drivers within a fleet.
- 2009 – DriveCam Online service launches with a driver management portal that includes dashboards for hotspot reporting and company-wide visibility.
- 2012 – The DC3P, Lytx’s fourth video event recorder, launches with dedicated GPS and the ability to monitor and capture video when a vehicle is exceeding the posted speed limit.
- 2015 – The company expands into its new global headquarters and introduces the ER-SV2, its fifth event recording device and the first to include its machine vision and artificial intelligence (MV+AI) technology.
- 2020 – Lytx announces strategic partnership with Geotab and acquires Surfsight to offer Lytx’s technology and custom solutions to an expanded domestic and global audience.
- 2022 – OEM integration with Daimler Truck North America is announced, bringing Lytx’s video telematics system and camera solution to select Freightliner and Western Star models.
- 2023 – Lytx grows its driving database to 221 billion miles and expands its network of resellers to 105, with a global footprint spanning 85 countries.
“Through Surfsight, we expanded our reach to give strategic global partners access to the same MV+AI technology that fuels our DriveCam camera business,” said Adam McCarty, sr. VP of Lytx’s indirect business. “Now, companies all over the world can easily transition to video-connected fleets on a powerful platform that is scalable and configurable for any vehicle class. We’re excited to see our Surfsight solutions accelerating at an incredibly rapid pace, and we project more record growth ahead as we continue to help domestic and international industry leaders transform their operations.”
The Next 25 Years for Lytx
Lytx said it is investing in the next 25 years with the Lytx Vision Platform, featuring an API-first platform.
The Lytx Vision Platform provides companies with configurable technology and tools they can use to integrate with other applications and to create their own custom solutions.
“Innovation is in our DNA,” said Rajesh Rudraradhya, Lytx’s CTO. “From the company’s inception, our relentless drive to advance safety and operational efficiency has led us to introduce cutting-edge technologies that have helped propel the industry to where it is today. Now, 25 years later, we remain committed to breaking new ground, exploring the frontiers of technology, and reinventing ourselves based on the needs of our clients and the industry as a whole.”
See all comments