Transdev launched a new mobile app called Transdev Connect to help its employees manage their workday.
The app replaces current manual processes and paper forms for employees and supervisors, providing them access to new tools and information via the Transdev Connect app to make their jobs easier. Capabilities of the app can be customized for local contexts and include the following:
- Operators, mechanics, and other staff can view their schedules anytime, anywhere.
- Employees can use the app to swap shifts with a coworker, request a vacation or personal day, or take sick time. They’ll be notified with a push notification when the request is approved.
- Operators can flag times they would be available to volunteer when overtime opportunities become available.
- Company news and other updates are pushed and connect employees with more than 80 operations across the U.S.
- Employees can check their balances for hours worked and available paid time off.
- Supervisors can send notifications to team members during emergencies, inclement weather, or other events which may impact service in their area.
Transdev Connect also supports Transdev’s social distancing practices by reducing touchpoints and personal contact between employees and supervisors. Three of Transdev’s largest fixed route and paratransit operations with more than 750 employees have been beta testing the app and mobile website for the past year, and in the coming months, the app will be deployed to more than 15,000 frontline operators, mechanics, and staff.
“Our teams are essential to keeping cities moving. Transdev Connect is a unique way in which we’re working to support and care for our employees by empowering them with great tools to manage their workday,” said Ibrahima Toure, regional vice president for Transdev and the project sponsors who oversaw the development of the employee app in collaboration with Transdev’s operational, technical, and marketing teams.
In addition to broad support from employee unions for this new tool, the app’s parameters can be adjusted to reflect each collective bargaining agreement, unique work rules, seniority provisions, schedule policies, and more.
The app is available for Android and iOS devices and there is also a website for Transdev employees.
See all comments