The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) 2022 Nominating Committee has selected Dorval R. Carter, Jr., president, Chicago Transit Authority, as the next vice chair for APTA.
Kevin J. Holzendorf, immediate past chair, Jacksonville Transportation Authority Board of Directors, Florida, will assume the position of chair of APTA for 2022-2023.
Jeffrey A. Nelson, CEO/managing director, Rock Island County Metropolitan Mass Transit District (Metrolink), Moline, IL, will serve as immediate past chair.
Jeffrey Wharton, director, contracts and technical services, Systra Engineering, is secretary-treasurer for 2022-2025.
APTA members will vote on the 2022-2023 slate of nominees Oct. 7 during APTA’s 2022 TRANSform Conference in Seattle, Washington.
The 2022 Nominating Committee nominated members-at-large for both the APTA Executive Committee and the APTA Board of Directors at a meeting in Chicago on Sept. 1. Nominated to three-year terms as members-at-large of the 25-member APTA Executive Committee are:
- Francis “Buddy” Coleman, CCO, Clever Devices Ltd., business member-at-large.
- Denise Figueroa, board member, CDTA, Albany, N.Y., transit board member-at-large.
- Adelee Le Grand, CEO, HART, Tampa, Fla., executive committee member-at-large.
The committee also approved the following individuals to fill portfolio seats on the Executive Committee:
- Doug Tisdale, CEO, Tisdale & Associates LLC; district H director and past board chair, Regional Transportation District, Denver.
- Bill Carpenter, CEO, Regional Transit Service, Rochester, N.Y.
- Jannet Walker-Ford, SVP & national transit & rail business line leader, WSP
- Carolyn Gonot, CEO and GM, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, San Jose, Calif.
Nominations for three-year terms on the APTA Board of Directors are:
Transit system directors:
- Carrie Butler, executive director, Transit Authority of River City, Louisville.
- Samuel Desue, GM, Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon, Portland, Ore.
- Bacarra Mauldin, chief of staff, Memphis Area Transit Authority, Tennessee.
- Lauren Skiver, CEO/GM, SunLine Transit Agency, Thousand Palms, Calif.
- Troi Taylor, Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (Houston Metro), Texas.
- Caitlin Vargas, president, board of directors, Lane Transit District, Springfield, Ore.
Business member directors:
- Krish Inbarajan, CEO, Preteckt Inc.
- Christopher Boylan, director, governmental & strategic partnerships, General Contractors Association of NY Inc.