METRO Magazine is pleased to announce the winners of its 2023 Innovative Solutions Award, which will be featured online, beginning Sept. 11, and in our September/October issue.
Now in its ninth year, the Innovative Solutions Awards honors bus operations and their supplier partners who have implemented initiatives that helped them save money, run more efficiently, streamline operations, increase safety, improve customer satisfaction, increase ridership, and more. For 2023, METRO expanded the program to also acknowledge passenger rail providers and their supplier partners who are doing the same.
A Look at 2023's Winners
This year’s award winners are heavily focused on improving the passenger experience, including more seamless mobility options, increased safety, and building more sustainable operations and communities.
This year’s winners are:
- Fresno Area Express (Calif.)/Intueor Consulting/Vontas - Increased Efficiency
- Dutchess County Public Transit (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.)/Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (St. Petersburg, Fla.)/ Saskatoon Transit (Saskatchewan, Canada)/Preteckt - Maintenance
- Santa Maria Regional Transit (Santa Maria, Calif.)/Heliox Energy - Zero Emissions
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District (San Francisco, Calif.)/ELERTS - Safety & Security
- Wave Transit (Wilmington, N.C.)/Moovit/Bus.Com - Mobility
- Toronto Transit Commission/Hatch/BAE Systems - Rail/Community Improvement
- The Wave (Mobile, Ala.)/Genfare - Fare Collection
METRO’s staff would like to thank everyone who applied, congratulations again goes to all our winners, and don’t forget to tune in online and in print to find out more about their stories.