The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) Board of Trustees today appointed Dr. Floun’say Caver as RTA’s interim CEO/GM. He will serve from Sept. 1 until March 1, while the Board conducts a search to fill the position permanently.
The announcement comes as the current CEO/GM, Joe Calabrese, transitions to the newly created position of sr. advisor for special projects and strategic innovation. He will serve in this advisory position in a full-time capacity until March 1. Calabrese will then continue in this position on a part-time basis from March 1, 2019 through Feb. 29, 2020.
"Doc" Caver first joined RTA in 2000 and brings nearly 15 years’ experience working at RTA in roles of increasing responsibility. He currently serves as RTA’s COO, dep. GM of operations, a position to which he was promoted in Oct., 2017. In that capacity, he oversees nearly 2,000 of RTA’s 2,300 employees and an annual budget of $218 million.
In 13 years at the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA), Caver has had many success, including:
- Creation of an industry-leading performance management program, TransitStat.
- Development of a consulting focused budget department.
- Joint venture consulting with Bombardier on rail system improvement.
- Ushered in data-driven decision-making, using TransitMaster data for on-time performance goals attainment.
- Implementation of Predictive Maintenance program.
- Creation of a targeted management development program.
See all comments