In its continued commitment to developing innovative technologies and services that empower customers and move North Texas forward, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) began installing more than 300 interactive digital kiosks across its service network.
In the largest deployment of its kind by a public transit agency, DART will launch the first interactive kiosks at JB Jackson Jr. Transit Center in Dallas beginning this week.
Features of DART’s new interactive kiosks include:
- Real-time transit information to enhance the overall travel experience.
- Free, fast and reliable Wi-Fi at DART stations coming this summer.
- Enhanced safety with additional cameras and fast connections to DART Police.
- Easy access to social services.
- Translation in nine different languages.
- Interactive guides to find things to do, places to go and deals along the way.
- Localized and customized deals from area merchants and partners.
In addition to technological advancements, the interactive digital kiosks provide DART riders with new opportunities to engage with community partners, local merchants and local events.
The kiosks are also equipped with high-resolution cameras, increasing the video-monitoring presence for the DART Police Department, and boosting safety measures across the system and the region.
See all comments