Wave Transit announced the official launch of RideMicro, a new on-demand service and corresponding mobility app that enables locals to plan, pay, and ride shared transit trips.
Residents of Wilmington are now able to download and use the free RideMicro app to plan public and shared transportation journeys with real-time arrival information, and even hail and pay for on-demand rides.
This offering was created in partnership with Moovit, an Intel company, which is powering the technology behind the RideMicro app and on-demand service.
Until now, the RideMicro pilot program operated a phone-based request and dispatch service for the vehicles. Now, for RideMicro’s official launch, Wave Transit, in collaboration with its partner Moovit, has modernized the service, provided more connections from Wilmington’s surrounding areas to its fixed routes, shortened walk and wait times, and made it easier to book and track rides.
Users of the RideMicro app are now able to book and pay for on-demand transit rides in Brunswick, Pender, and New Hanover counties from 6:00-9:00 a.m. and 4:30-7:30 p.m. during weekdays. Users can view the vehicle’s real-time arrival information and track it along its route. The service will connect to many points of interest, including main transportation hubs in the area such as University of North Carolina Wilmington, Cape Fear’s campuses, Battleship Wilmington, and Gordon Station to help improve onward travel opportunities.
The RideMicro app:
- Suggests the most efficient routes: Once a user launches the RideMicro app and inputs their destination, it will display the most convenient public and shared transportation routes
- Enables users to book and pay for a RideMicro on-demand ride: Users simply select Transit On-Demand and follow the prompts for mobile payment
- Directs passengers to a nearby pickup location: Once the ride is booked, passengers are guided to a virtual pickup location within a short walking distance
- Provides passengers with real-time tracking:
- While waiting for their ride, RideMicro users can track the approaching vehicle in real-time and view its ETA
- While riding, users can view the route on the map, as well as the estimated time to drop off
- Enables future ride booking: Rides can be booked up to a week in advance
Additionally, the RideMicro app combines official information from local transit agencies as well as crowdsourced information to calculate the best route for each journey. RideMicro also provides a Live Directions feature with Get Off alerts to provide step-by-step guidance for the entire journey, and Service Alerts so that users can avoid disruptions and plan their journey accordingly.
“Helping more people safely and efficiently commute to work, school, shopping, appointments, or just for entertainment has never been easier or more cost effective. RideMICRO fills in the gaps where one option may be too expensive and another option may not be convenient,” said Marie Parker, Wave Transit executive director. “RideMICRO is one step toward an even better, more comprehensive mass transit system for the Wilmington region. Wave Transit is excited to be working with Moovit to bring flexible, on-demand service and a modern, all-in-one app to our customers.”
Hours of operation will gradually expand to reflect the Wave Transit hours of operation, as will service areas and stops.
“Travel needs have evolved dramatically in line with the pandemic,” said Uli Gal-Oz, VP of Business Development at Moovit. “Moovit has worked with hundreds of transit agencies and listened to the needs of passengers around the world to gain a great understanding of travel demands which has helped shape this service for Wilmington residents — flexible transit, when you want it, with contactless mobile payments. We are excited to work with Wave Transit and power this new mobility offering so that riders can get around more efficiently.”