GlobeSherpa and Houston’s Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) announced the launch of the “METRO Q Mobile Ticketing” mobile application. The new METRO Q Mobile Ticketing app allows Houston residents and visitors to purchase mobile tickets for METRO bus and METRORail and use them directly from their smartphone.
The app is available for download in the Google Play and Apple iTunes stores.
The new METRO Q Mobile Ticketing app allows passengers to:
- Purchase, store, use, and validate full-fare tickets and METRO Day Passes for local bus, METRORail and special event tickets right from their smartphone, removing the need to keep track of paper tickets or stand in line at a ticket kiosk.
- Use PayPal to purchase tickets and passes.
- Use multiple tickets for multiple riders from a single smartphone.
- Create an account, store information for future purchases and manage account information on the go.
- Plan their commute with the built in Trip Planner tool.
Houston METRO fares are available for purchase in the app, including full-fare tickets and METRO Day Passes. Riders purchase fares and pay with either a stored debit/credit card or their PayPal account. Tickets are then sent to users’ phones in the form of a secure, animated electronic ticket that can be visually validated by vehicle operators or scanned by a fare inspector’s handheld device.
“METRO's new Q Mobile Ticketing App is part of our ongoing effort to make the commuting experience more convenient and today we take a significant leap forward for our passengers,” said METRO President & CEO Tom Lambert. “We are excited to get METRO Q Mobile Ticketing into the hands of our passengers, adding a new easy-to-use option to buy and use fares.”