NEORide, a consortium of 17 transit systems, in partnership with Masabi, has announced the launch of cash payments for mobile tickets in the EZfare app, ensuring that cash-paying riders across Ohio, Kentucky, and Michigan have access to touch-free services.
Riders will be able to visit any of the participating agency’s Transit Centers and use cash or card to buy mobile tickets or add funds to their EZfare or Transit Account, which can then be used to buy tickets when needed. Cash purchases will be available in any of the EZfare-enabled applications: the EZfare app, Transit, Uber, and Moovit.
In addition to the use of cash payments, EZfare will be adding its 14th transit partner, South East Area Transit (SEAT), to the mobile ticketing platform.
Also launching on the platform is EZfare Accounts, which allows users to add funds to their accounts for the quick purchase of tickets as and when needed. Both the EZfare and Transit apps support this new feature, which will be rolled out to other applications in the coming months.
The participating transit agencies where riders can purchase tickets in Transit Centers and store a cash value on their EZfare account include:
- AAATA – TheRide (Washtenaw County, MI) (cash loading option TBD)
- BCRTA (Butler County)
- Cincinnati METRO (Hamilton County)
- Laketran (Lake County)
- Lancaster-Fairfield (Fairfield County)
- MCPT (Medina County)
- METRO RTA (Summit County) (cash loading option will be added August 1)
- PARTA (Portage County)
- SARTA (Stark County) (cash loading option TBD)
- Sandusky Transit (Erie County)
- SEAT (Muskingum, Noble, Guernsey, Washington, and Belmont Counties)
- TANK (Northern Kentucky)
- TARTA (Toledo) *currently fare free
- WRTA (Mahoning County) *currently fare free