METRO Magazine is pleased to announce the winners of its 2021 Innovative Solutions Award, which are featured in the November issue that will be available at APTA’s TRANSform & Expo in Orlando, Fla.
Now in its seventh year, the Innovative Solutions Awards honors bus operations and their supplier partners who have implemented initiatives that helped them save money, run more efficiently, streamline operations, increase safety, improve customer satisfaction, increase ridership, and more.
This year’s winners are:
- Greyhound/Icomera – Passenger Experience
- Capital Metro/Clever Devices – Trip Planning
- RTS of Rochester, N.Y./Masabi – Fare Collection
- King County Metro/MV Transportation – Accessibility
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority/GreenPower/Perrone Robotics – Autonomous Vehicles
- LA Metro/GIRO – Operations
- North Central Regional Transit District/LiquidSpring – Vehicle Technology
“Partnerships between public and private entities is absolutely critical in moving forward with the introduction and deployment of disruptive technology,” says Bernard Schmidt, VP, automation & innovation. “Winning this award is a true testament of organizations that challenge the status quo, are forward thinking, and willing to step outside of their comfort zones to chase what some would refer to as unrealistic.”
Stay tuned to METRO’s November issue, as well as online on Monday, Nov. 8, to get an in-depth look at each of this year’s Innovative Solutions Award winners.
See all comments