ABC Companies is crafting and implementing a variety of corporate and infrastructure initiatives aimed at positioning the company for long term stability and expansion.
The enterprise‐wide strategy includes plans to enhance and expand operations to effectively impact all major business areas, as well as the restructure of key management teams. ABC will expand the roles and responsibilities of existing staff in keeping with the firm’s philosophy of promoting from within.
According to ABC President/CEO Dane Cornell, this strategy will leverage the tenure, knowledge, and deep bench strength of ABC’s seasoned and respected executive management team. Cornell emphasized that upholding ABC’s solid record of financial performance, building on the company’s diverse leadership platform and sustaining a thriving work environment for all ABC employees were all key factors in shaping the restructuring plan.
Cornell will continue to serve in his current capacity, as several members of ABC’s senior leadership will take on new responsibilities, including:
- Roman Cornell has been promoted to chief commercial officer. As chief commercial strategist, his responsibilities will focus on all revenue‐generating aspects of the business with oversight of all sales, aftersales, and commercial operating functions. Cornell will continue in his leadership position for the company’s Parts Group which encompasses the ABC OEM and aftermarket brands as well as their transit parts group, Muncie‐Baker.
- Mike Laffan has been promoted to sr. VP, east coast, with interim oversight for the west coast market region as ABC seeks to fill the post.
- Brenda Borwege will assume the new role of sr. VP, midwest and southwest sales.
- Jon Savitz will continue to serve as sr. VP/service operations and will be responsible for oversight and supervision of day‐to‐day activities for ABC Service divisions, including negotiations for contract maintenance services.
- Ashley Cornell will serve as VP, marketing and will be responsible for the development and direction of all strategic marketing and communications efforts both internally and externally for all ABC business affiliates. Additionally, she will continue to serve as corporate commercial liaison, coordinating and assisting customer relations for key strategic accounts.
Additionally, in an effort to expand operations in the Northern California market, the company has secured a long-term location for development of a new facility in Newark, Calif. The planned new location is just 15 minutes from ABC’s Redwood, Calif., operation and will offer customers a robust, full‐service, and parts hub that covers the fast‐growing metro areas between San Jose and San Francisco.