The new signs have started to be installed at bus stops and include the bus stop number and details on how to use the "Text My Bus” feature to find out when buses will arrive at your stop.
“While the Text My Bus feature has been around as one of the many ways to track your bus, we wanted to make it even easier for riders to access bus arrival information,” Samantha Potter, marketing and communications sr. program manager at TheRide said. “The new signs at bus stops have easy to follow directions and all of the details you need to get a quick text response about the next buses arriving at your stop.”
The new signs at each bus stop will have the route numbers that serve the stop, the specific bus stop number that can be used to receive arrival information by text, and a QR code that riders can scan to look up bus stop information.
In addition to the Text My Bus feature, TheRide has many rider tools, including “Track My Bus,” which shows you a live map of your route and where buses are along the route, trip planning tools to get you from point A to point B, and schedules by route and the MyAlerts system that emails you detour and service disruption information about your route.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventive measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Face masks are recommended to be worn, though not required.
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders on fixed-route buses.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves, and face shields are provided for drivers’ use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.