Bridgestone Americas announced the launch of the all-new Bridgestone R192E all-position radial tire, specially designed to empower the adoption of electric buses.
The Bridgestone R192E tire offers rolling resistance and high load capacity, increasing daily ranges and maximizing vehicle operation on a single charge while remaining compatible with all bus types.
“Electric buses will play a crucial role in eliminating city-center emissions and traffic congestion, which is why we are proud to introduce the first Bridgestone commercial tire developed for electric buses,” said Chris Ripani, president, commercial truck, Bridgestone Americas. “The Bridgestone R192E is not only an innovative tire solution, but a leading example of how Bridgestone is taking steps to reduce CO2 emissions and contribute to a more sustainable world through its products, services and solutions.”
Features of the Bridgestone R192E tire include:
- Multiple gripping edges, cross-rib sipes and wide grooves for solid grip on wet roads.
- Groove fence to aid handling and grip in wet conditions while reducing noise for a quieter ride.
- Thick tread gauges and an advanced base tread compound for enhanced retreadability.
- All-steel casing and belts, a 21/32" tread depth and reinforced sidewalls to minimize tire damage and promote a long original life.
- 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) designation for snow traction performance.
When the Bridgestone R192E is paired with Bandag retreads, it can contribute to the improvement of a fleet’s performance while maximizing its positive environmental impact.
See all comments