The Latinos In Transit Leadership Academy (LITLA) announced the 2023 LITLA Class members selected to participate in the program.
The program is divided into three different development program tracks: Making of An Executive, Leading in Middle Management, and New Careers in Transit, according to LIT's news release.
The 35 participants selected come from both the public and private sector from across the country.
The 2023 LITLA Class participants for each track are:
New Careers In Transit
- Alfonso Reyes - National Express (CA).
- Anitra Honore - New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (LA).
- Ana Rodriguez - New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (LA).
- Eder Sanchez - Rocky Mountaineer (CO).
- Michael Candelaria - TransitGuard (CA).
- Caleb Losey - TransitGuard (CA).
- Stephany Garcia - National Express (VA).
- Henry Suarez - Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (CA).
- Carmen Ruby Galvan - SunLine Transit Agency (CA).
- Martin Rodriguez - Gold Coast Transit District (CA).
- Lawrence Trevino - Capital Metro (TX).
- Vanessa Meza - Capital Metro (TX).
Leading In Middle Management
- Jose Vega - Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District (CA).
- Ricardo Vega - Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District (CA).
- Jorge Quintana - Foothill Transit (CA).
- Jennifer Lopez Ibrahim - GHD Group (WA).
- Abel Ruiz - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (GA).
- Jesus Valenzuela - MV Transportation (CA).
- Leyden Patricia Mendez - National Express.
- Roberto Lopez - New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (LA).
- Elizabeth Martin- Maldonado - Sound Transit (WA).
- Clara O’brien - Sound Transit (WA).
- Marco Zhanay - Transdev (NY).
- Fabian Campos - WSP (CA).
- Bryan Ochoa - Los Angeles Department of Transportation (CA).
- Donato Perez - Nelson/Nygaard (TX).
Making of an Executive
- Hilda Mercedes - CSI Compliance (TX).
- Inmer Hernandez - Transdev (NY).
- Julia Cesar Badia Hernandez - First Transit (Puerto Rico).
- Niorka Mendez-Almonte - Merrimack Valley Transit Authority (MA).
- Norma Zamora - First Transit (TX).
- Vincent Parker - MV Transportation (TX).
- Yolanda Rodriguez - New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (LA).
- Erika Finnesteed - Ozark Regional Transit (AZ).
- Violet Ayala - Utah Transit Authority (UT).
“We could not be more excited to bring forward the participants of our second leadership academy," said Herold Humphrey, LITLA Committee chair. "We continue to promote the advancement and development of Latinos and other minorities in transportation and the academy provides a great platform for us to do so. This class is made of public and private transportation professionals from across the nation who are dedicated to their professional development. We look forward to celebrating their graduation later this year."
Each track consists of five modules. There will be one module held each month for a period of five months starting in March 2023. The modules will be taught virtually by industry leaders. There will be a team project and presentation required to graduate from the academy.
The 2023 LITLA program year will begin with an orientation to welcome the 2023 class participants.
See all comments